PHOA209: W7A1: Feedback
Hi Kathy,
You will find my feedback for your W7A1 in the form of “individual
written feedback & a group video critique". Please use this feedback
to help you prepare for your W8A1.
RE:
Revised the project and created a minimum of thirty new images created
with program required equipment based on areas identified in past
assignments.
Submitted contact sheet of minimum thirty images, handheld light meter in use, wide-angle image of lighting scheme showing an understanding of mixed lighting and edited any final image selections. Complete metadata was included in contact sheet.
Submitted contact sheet of minimum thirty images, handheld light meter in use, wide-angle image of lighting scheme showing an understanding of mixed lighting and edited any final image selections. Complete metadata was included in contact sheet.
You
completed the 30 new images with an image of the handheld light meter
in use and a wide-angle image showing the use of your required light
sources and the natural light. The three lights plus the light coming in
from the window certainly creates a "mixed lighting effect". In terms
of exposure, I thought you did a great job balancing the light indoors
with the natural light outdoors; in other words: your windows are not overexposed.
I've re-attached your contact sheet and pointed out a few suggested top images and left notes regarding how to improve for the next photo shoot. In terms of the concept (photographing a room for AirBnB), this was a great idea! With your architecture portfolio, you're still required to show the human element and I think you're doing this well in this photo shoot. Moving forward
I was glad to see that you included an inspirational photo in your assignment. Although this shot portraits mixed natural lighting, your images don't reflect the subject matter or perspective. Were you able to find other photographs that may show mixed natural lighting taken indoors?
I've re-attached your contact sheet and pointed out a few suggested top images and left notes regarding how to improve for the next photo shoot. In terms of the concept (photographing a room for AirBnB), this was a great idea! With your architecture portfolio, you're still required to show the human element and I think you're doing this well in this photo shoot. Moving forward
I was glad to see that you included an inspirational photo in your assignment. Although this shot portraits mixed natural lighting, your images don't reflect the subject matter or perspective. Were you able to find other photographs that may show mixed natural lighting taken indoors?
RE:
Attended the scheduled meeting with the instructor and ensured that the
meeting started on time and that you were well prepared for the
meeting. Presented self in a professional manner without distractions.
Prepared list of strengths and weaknesses as well as questions about
final project.
Not to worry about the missed Skype meeting, I certainly understand your work schedule. Although you were not able to attend out Skype meeting, you submitted a great video that discussed all of the required topics - with your dog, Mikey! Your audio was clear; picture was sharp; and I was glad to hear you adjusted a few things in your resume as well!
RE:
Executed targeted improvements to the résumé and statement as per the
specified guidelines updating portfolio, résumé, and statement within
the web portfolio site and in PDF format. Materials meet portfolio
standards.
Your resume looks much better! My main suggestion would simply be to have the title of your degrees under your education section be in italics (vs. bold).
I can see that you've made some changes to your statement, although - I think it's a good idea if you get back to the "basics". Consider the 4 things that need to be in your statement: identity, style, directions, and strengths. Come up with a list of facts about yourself and your business that would fall under these 4 topics. Refer back to the week 1 module where it discusses your statement and review what is needed for each one. I've re-attached your statement with a few notes.
For your web portfolio: ensure that your Work Experience section is visible to the public or to Bēhance Members. I would also like to see you add your e-mail address to your Bēhance page so clients can contact you easily.
I thought you may like to check out the posts below that go over a few different options for ordering prints:
Information
regarding your Peer Critiques will be listed within the Grade Book.
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions
and/or concerns.
-Prof. F