PHOA209: W10A1: Feedback
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for posting your assignment. My feedback comes in the “written”
format for W10A1. This assignment is unique because it basically boils
down to “complete” or “not complete” in the sense that you were only
required to order your prints. That being said, below you will see two
out of the three categories within the rubric along with comments:
RE: Submitted PDF includes screenshots of the printing process or order submission.
RE:
PDF includes documentation for a minimum of 15–20 11x14 unique prints.
Photos of process have proper white balance, even illumination and are
professional. Prints have proper contrast, exposure and color balance:
· Image selection clearly shows a reflection and understanding of feedback received from instructor throughout the course
· Students were encouraged to avoid glossy prints
· Students prints were 11 x 14 to match the size of the Binder
The
images you chose to print look great! I was glad to see that you
ordered your prints from a "local Philly lab", Philadelphia
Photographics! If you want to compare their quality with an online
printer later down the line, I would recommend Nations photo Lab, WHCC,
or Millers Photo Lab. Millers also have a 24 hour turn around time,
which can be helpful when needing to meet deadlines.
I think you'll be happy with the Lustre finish. The white boarder will also make the prints a little easier to handle. I always recommend handling your photos with white gloves to avoid oil and finger prints getting on them. These can be ordered from B&H Photo/Video for $7:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/918841-REG/archival_methods_61_120_light_weight_white_cotton.html/mode/edu
I think you'll be happy with the Lustre finish. The white boarder will also make the prints a little easier to handle. I always recommend handling your photos with white gloves to avoid oil and finger prints getting on them. These can be ordered from B&H Photo/Video for $7:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/918841-REG/archival_methods_61_120_light_weight_white_cotton.html/mode/edu
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns. Keep up the hard work!
-Prof. F