PH323: W5A2: Feedback
Hi Angela,
Below you will find my feedback for your W5A2 in the form of “individual written and visual feedback”;
details from the rubric are discussed in the video. Information
regarding your Peer Critiques will be listed within the Grade book.
RE:
Submitted two marketable portraits of a subject in one location that
has two different lighting, angle, or emotional connotations that:
- Have correct exposure and demonstrate technical knowledge of camera and lighting control.
- Exhibit creativity with angles and composition (moving camera and subject frequently to explore the angles).
- Show attention to composition and design elements.
- Follow instructions and requirements for assignment.
Light Ratio:
I think your images show a good start towards creating a 2:1 light
ratio! In some of your images, we're seeing more of a 1:1 (even light on
both sides of the model). To adjust this, you may want to pull the key
light slightly further away from your model.
Exposure: I would encourage you to allow your images to be a little brighter. Be sure to bracket your shots moving forward.
Hair-light: I was glad to see that your hair-light with a snoot on the face of it; great choice! I think if you bring the hair-light in a bit closer, you would see more evidence of the light around the back of her head. What are your thoughts? I made a few notes on your contact sheet with details.
Exposure: I would encourage you to allow your images to be a little brighter. Be sure to bracket your shots moving forward.
Hair-light: I was glad to see that your hair-light with a snoot on the face of it; great choice! I think if you bring the hair-light in a bit closer, you would see more evidence of the light around the back of her head. What are your thoughts? I made a few notes on your contact sheet with details.
Light Separation:
I was glad to see that you to positioned your model at least 6 feet in
front of the backdrop to further push a sense of light separation.
Another method of doing so is to work with a back-light. What are your
thoughts on this second option?
Contact Sheet: I’ve re-attached your contact sheet and pointed
out a few suggested top images for your portfolio. I chose these
images because they showed emphasis is on beauty photography and had a
strong use of color and props.
RE: Provided a 250-word production document that depicts the proposed photographic process and lighting solution
Your
description was well written and met the 250-word mark. You wrote well
about your photographic process and lighting solutions for this shoot.
Moving forward: I would encourage you to think about on your "target market"; how these images fit into the sub-genre of photography and what type of person you're hoping to "sell" your work to. This will help you plan for advertising - knowing your target market and knowing where to advertise.
Moving forward: I would encourage you to think about on your "target market"; how these images fit into the sub-genre of photography and what type of person you're hoping to "sell" your work to. This will help you plan for advertising - knowing your target market and knowing where to advertise.
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions and/or concerns.
-Prof. F