PH222: Problems & Solutions - Week 1 - W1A3 - Rembrandt Lighting, Loop Lighting, Split Lighting, & Paramount (aka Butterfly) Lighting
Hi Class,
For your W1A3, you'll be adjusting
your lights to capture four different lighting schemes: Rembrandt
Lighting, Loop Lighting, Split Lighting, and Paramount Lighting (aka
Butterfly Lighting).
All of these lighting schemes are discussed in detail within the video in the "Lighting Patters" section of your Week 1 Module. To go along with that video, I have attached two helpful PDFs that breaks down these four schemes. Please be sure to download these PDFs and keep them on hand when shooting your assignment. One PDF was created from our Weekly module video & the other is information that you learned in "PHOA113: Lighting I" - just as a "refresher".
Before you begin this assignment, I would encourage you to review the article below. This article goes over 6 different schemes, including the four that you'll be shooting with W1A3:
http://digital-photography-school.com/6-portrait-lighting-patterns-every-photographer-should-know/
I've found that students often have the biggest challenge with adjusting
his/her lights to show "Loop" vs. "Rembrandt". Below is an image from
the article to clearly point out the difference.
All of these lighting schemes are discussed in detail within the video in the "Lighting Patters" section of your Week 1 Module. To go along with that video, I have attached two helpful PDFs that breaks down these four schemes. Please be sure to download these PDFs and keep them on hand when shooting your assignment. One PDF was created from our Weekly module video & the other is information that you learned in "PHOA113: Lighting I" - just as a "refresher".
Before you begin this assignment, I would encourage you to review the article below. This article goes over 6 different schemes, including the four that you'll be shooting with W1A3:
http://digital-photography-school.com/6-portrait-lighting-patterns-every-photographer-should-know/
ATTACH FILES FROM FOLDER:
,